Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A question about going to university?

Right, im 25 and have been unemployed since august 2010. I have a son of 6 months and a partner. Currently we live inside a council accommodation that is covered by housing benefit (please don't judge, for 3 months prior to my partner falling pregnant she went to college and worked part time as a housekeeper in medway hospital) as we are currently on a joint claim of job seekers allowance. I have just signed up for evening classes to obtain g.c.s.e's but wish to go to university to either study law or media as i have a keen interest and a amount of knowledge about both subjects, plus a career in either will help support my family and I. I would like to know how the finances side of going to university works out? I have checked the direct.gov website and followed links but it wasnt very clear. Firstly would I need a certain amount of money to go or will a student loan help with the costs? Is there any websites that have more information? Thank you all for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment